SLMail Pro SLWebmail buffer overflows
|slmail-slwebmail-bo (15399)||High Risk|
SLMail Pro is vulnerable to a buffer overflow in the user.dll, loadpageadmin.dll, and loadpageuser.dll files. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to overflow a buffer and possibly execute arbitrary code on the server with privileges of the IWAM account.
Apply the latest patch for SLMail Pro (2.0.14 or later), available from the Seattle Lab Web site. See References.
- NGSSoftware Insight Security Research Advisory #NISR05022004b: SLWebMail Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities.
- Seattle Lab Web site: Seattle Lab develops secure email servers, anti-virus, anti-spam, and telnet software..
- BID-9808: Seattle Lab Software SLWebMail Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- BID-9809: Seattle Lab Software SLMail Pro Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0357: Stack-based buffer overflows in SL Mail Pro 2.0.9 allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via (1) user.dll, (2) loadpageadmin.dll or (3) loadpageuser.dll.
- OSVDB ID: 4147: SLMail Pro loadpageuser.dll Overflow
- OSVDB ID: 4148: SLMail Pro loadpageadmin.dll Overflow
- OSVDB ID: 4149: SLMail Pro Multiple DLL Remote Overflow
- SeattleLab SLMail 2.0.9 and prior Pro
Mar 05, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this