Invision Power Board cross-site scripting
|invision-xss (15403)||Medium Risk|
Invision Power Board is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by a vulnerability in the admin.php script. A remote attacker could embed malicious script in the c, f, showtopic, showuser or username parameter in a specially-crafted URL request, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site, once the link is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Mar 05 2004 - 11:47:44 CST : Invision Power Board v1.3 Final Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabillity.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Jun 08 2004 - 09:53:11 CDT: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Invision Power Board v1.3.1 Final..
- BID-8575: Invision Power Board Index.php Showtopic Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- BID-9768: Invision Power Board Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-0359: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in index.php for Invision Power Board 1.3 final allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary script as other users via the (1) c, (2) f, (3) showtopic, (4) showuser, or (5) username parameters.
- OSVDB ID: 4154: Invision Power Board index.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 8117: Invision Power Board index.php QUERY_STRING Parameter XSS
- SA11053: Invision Power Board Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Invision Power Invision Power Board 1.3 Final
- Invision Power Invision Power Board 1.3.1 Final
Mar 05, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this