Trend Micro InterScan VirusWall "dot dot" directory traversal
|interscan-dotdot-directory-traversal (15590)||Medium Risk|
Trend Micro InterScan VirusWall could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the system. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request containing "dot dot" sequences (/../) to traverse directories and view arbitrary files on the system with privileges of the InterScan VirusWall.
Trend Micro recommends that you update your virus pattern file and scan engine to the latest version, or at least to the following security maintenance patch versions:
- ISNT 3.55: isnt355-patchb1019.exe
- ISNT 3.53: isnt353-patchb1594.exe
- ISNT 3.55 Stand-Alone: isvw-smtp-355-b1018.zip
Patches and more information are available from the Trend Micro Update Center. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Mar 24 2004 - 09:11:24 CST : TrendMacro Interscan Viruswall Directory Traversal.
- Trend Micro Update Center: Interscan Viruswall Product Updates.
- BID-9966: Trend Micro Interscan Viruswall localweb Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- BID-9977: Trend Micro Interscan WebManager Java TeleWindow Unspecified Credential Theft Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-1859: Directory traversal vulnerability in Trend Micro Interscan Web Viruswall in InterScan VirusWall 3.5x allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in the URL.
- OSVDB ID: 4549: Trend Micro InterScan VirusWall Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- SA11215: Trend Micro Interscan VirusWall Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1009550: TrendMicro InterScan VirusWall Discloses Files to Remote Users
- Trend Micro InterScan VirusWall 3.5x
Mar 24, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this