NetSupport School Pro Client32.ini file weak encryption algorithm
|netsupportschoolpro-weak-encryption (15621)||Medium Risk|
NetSupport School Pro uses a weak encryption method that could allow a local attacker to obtain user passwords. NetSupport School Pro stores user passwords in the Client32.ini using a weak encryption algorithm. This could allow a local attacker to access these files and decrypt the passwords.
No remedy available as of July 6, 2008.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Thu Mar 25 2004 - 21:13:21 CST: NetSupport School Pro: Password encryption weaknesses.
- NetSupport Incorporated Web site: NetSupport School Networked Classrooms.
- BID-9981: NetSupport School Weak Password Encryption Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-1861: Invision NetSupport School Pro uses a weak encryption algorithm to encrypt passwords, which allows local users to obtain passwords.
- OSVDB ID: 16733: NetSupport School Pro Password Storage Encryption Weakness
- NetSupport Limited NetSupport School Pro
Mar 25, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this