Apple Mac OS X CUPS undisclosed configuration security issue
|macos-cups-configuration (15769)||Medium Risk|
Apple Mac OS X is vulnerable to an undisclosed configuration file security issue in Common Unix Printing System (CUPS).
Apply Security Update 2004-04-05 for this vulnerability, as listed in Apple Security Updates Article ID: 61798. See References.
- AppleCare Knowledge Base Document 61798: Apple Security Update 2004-04-05.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Apr 06 2004 - 13:09:46 CDT: [email@example.com: APPLE-SA-2004-04-05 Security Update 2004-04-05]].
- CIAC Information Bulletin O-110: MAC OS X Jaguar and Panther Security Vulnerabilities.
- BID-10062: CUPS Unspecified Configuration Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0382: Unknown vulnerability in the CUPS printing system in Mac OS X 10.3.3 and Mac OS X 10.2.8 with unknown impact, possibly related to a configuration file setting.
- OSVDB ID: 15014: Apple Mac OS X CUPS Unspecified Configuration File Issue
- Apple Mac OS X 10.2.8
- Apple Mac OS X 10.3.3
Apr 06, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this