AWeb "dot dot" directory traversal
|aweb-dotdot-directory-traversal (16048)||Medium Risk|
Aldo's Web Server (AWeb) could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the system. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted HTTP GET request containing "dot dot" sequences (../) to traverse directories and view arbitrary files outside of the Web root directory.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon May 03 2004 - 05:48:02 CDT : Multible Vulnerabilites in Aldos Webserver.
- BID-10262: Aldo's Web Server Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-1991: Directory traversal vulnerability in Aldo's Web Server (aweb) 1.5 allows remote attackers to view arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in an HTTP GET request.
- OSVDB ID: 5881: Aldo's Web Server (aweb) Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- SA11542: Aweb Exposure of Sensitive Information
- Aldo's Tools Aldo's Web Server 1.5
May 03, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this