SMF size tag HTML injection
|smf-size-html-injection (16067)||Medium Risk|
Simple Machines Forum (SMF) is vulnerable to HTML injection. A remote attacker could post a message that contains malicious script embedded within the size tag, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site, once the message is viewed.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed May 05 2004 - 07:28:00 CDT: SMF SIZE Tag Script Injection Vulnerability.
- BID-10281: Simple Machines Forum Size Tag HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-1996: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Simple Machines Forum (SMF) 1.0 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script via the size tag.
- OSVDB ID: 16898: Simple Machines Forum (SMF) SIZE Tag XSS
- Simple Machines Simple Machines Forum 1.0 Beta 5
May 05, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this