Icecast authorization request buffer overflow
|icecast-auth-request-bo (16103)||High Risk|
Icecast is vulnerable to a heap-based buffer overflow. By sending a specially-crafted base64 authorization request, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and possibly execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the system to crash.
Apply the appropriate patch for your system. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Sun May 09 2004 - 07:56:32 CDT: Icecast 2.0.0 preauth overflow.
- BID-10311: Icecast Server Base64 Authorization Request Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-2027: Buffer overflow in Icecast 2.0.0 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a long Basic Authorization header that triggers an out-of-bounds read.
- GLSA-200405-10: Icecast denial of service vulnerability
- OSVDB ID: 6075: Icecast HTTP Basic Authorization Remote Overflow DoS
- SA11578: Icecast Basic Authorization Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Gentoo Linux
- Icecast Icecast 2.0.0
May 09, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this