Opera onUnload URL spoofing
|opera-onunload-url-spoofing (16131)||Medium Risk|
Opera could allow a remote attacker to spoof a trusted Web page by altering the URL that is displayed in the address bar. A remote attacker could modify the HTML onUnload attribute in such a way that a redirection to another Web site is not displayed in the address bar. An attacker could use this vulnerability to gain sensitive information from unsuspecting users.
Upgrade to the latest version of Opera (7.50 or later), available from the Opera Web site. See References.
- Opera Web site: Opera Internet Browser.
- BID-10337: Opera Web Browser Address Bar Spoofing Weakness
- CVE-2004-2260: Opera Browser 7.23, and other versions before 7.50, updates the address bar as soon as the user clicks a link, which allows remote attackers to redirect to other sites via the onUnload attribute.
- OSVDB ID: 6108: Opera onUnload Address Bar Spoofing
- SA11532: Opera Browser Address Bar Spoofing Vulnerability
- Opera Opera Browser 7.23
May 13, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this