ZoneMinder zms buffer overflow
|zoneminder-zms-bo (16136)||High Risk|
ZoneMinder is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted long query string to the zms script to overflow a buffer, which would allow the attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of ZoneMinder (1.19.2 or later), available from ZoneMinder Web site. See References.
- ZoneMinder Web site: ZoneMinder: Linux Video Camera and CCTV Security with Motion Detection.
- BID-10340: Triornis ZoneMinder Multiple Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-0227: Buffer overflow in the zms script in ZoneMinder before 1.19.2 may allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code via a long query string.
- OSVDB ID: 6112: ZoneMinder Query String Overflow
- ZoneMinder ZoneMinder prior to 1.19.2
May 12, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this