mah-jong NULL pointer denial of service
|mah-jong-null-dos (16143)||Medium Risk|
mah-jong is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker can cause a NULL pointer dereference to cause the server to crash.
Denial of Service
For Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (woody):
Upgrade to the latest mah-jong package (1.4-3 or later), as listed in DSA 503-1. See References.
For other distributions:
Contact your vendor for upgrade or patch information.
- DSA 503-1: New mah-jong packages fix denial of service.
- BID-10343: Mah-Jong Server NULL Pointer Dereference Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0458: mah-jong before 1.6.2 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (server crash) via a missing argument, which triggers a null pointer dereference.
- DSA-503: mah-jong -- missing argument check
- OSVDB ID: 15974: mah-jong NULL Pointer Dereference Remote DoS
- Debian Debian Linux 3.0
- Mah-Jong Mah-Jong
May 13, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this