Liferay Enterprise Portal message cross-site scripting
|liferay-message-xss (16232)||Medium Risk|
Liferay Enterprise Portal is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper filtering of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could post a message containing malicious script embedded in the message field, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site, once the message is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Liferay Enterprise Portal (2.2.0 or later), available from the Liferay Web page. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat May 22 2004 - 05:30:27 CDT: Liferay Cross Site Scripting Flaw.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Nov 25 2004 - 10:27:53 CST: Re: Liferay Cross Site Scripting Flaw.
- Liferay Web page: Liferay: Products.
- BID-10402: Liferay Enterprise Portal Multiple XSS Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-2030: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in index.jsp for Liferay before 2.2.0 release 10/1/2004 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML, as demonstrated using the message subject.
- OSVDB ID: 6346: Liferay Enterprise Portal index.jsp Multiple Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 73651: Liferay Portal Community Edition Message Title XSS
- SA11692: Liferay Enterprise Portal Multiple Script Insertion Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1010259: Liferay Enterprise Portal Lack of Input Validation Permits Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- Liferay Liferay Enterprise Portal prior to 2.2.0
May 22, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this