SquirrelMail unspecified SQL injection
|squirrelmail-sql-injection (16235)||Medium Risk|
SquirrelMail is vulnerable to SQL injection, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL containing malicious SQL code, which would allow the attacker to add, modify or delete user information in the backend database.
Upgrade to the latest version of SquirrelMail (1.4.3-RC1 or later), available from the SquirrelMail Web site. See References.
For Red Hat Linux:
Upgrade to the latest SquirrelMail package, as listed below. Refer to RHSA-2004:240-06 for more information. See References.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (v. 3), ES (v. 3), WS (v. 3), Desktop: 1.4.3-0.e3.1 or later
For Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (alias woody):
Upgrade to the latest SquirrelMail package (1.2.6-1.4 or later), as listed in DSA-535-1. See References.
For Conectiva Linux:
Upgrade to the latest SquirrelMail package, as listed below. Refer to Conectiva Linux Security Announcement CLSA-2004:858 for more information. See References.
Conectiva Linux 9: 1.4.3a-13677U90_1cl or later
For other distributions:
Contact your vendor for upgrade or patch information.
- CIAC Information Bulletin O-212: Apple Security Update.
- Conectiva Linux Announcement CLSA-2004:858: Several vulnerabilities in SquirrelMail.
- SquirrelMail Web site: SquirrelMail - Webmail for Nuts!.
- BID-10397: SquirrelMail Unspecified SQL Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0521: SQL injection vulnerability in SquirrelMail before 1.4.3 RC1 allows remote attackers to execute unauthorized SQL statements, with unknown impact, probably via abook_database.php.
- DSA-535: squirrelmail -- several vulnerabilities
- GLSA-200405-16: Multiple XSS Vulnerabilities in SquirrelMail
- OSVDB ID: 6841: SquirrelMail abook_database.php SQL Injection
- RHSA-2004-240: squirrelmail security update
- SA11685: Squirrelmail Unspecified Cross-Site Scripting and SQL Injection Vulnerabilities
- Conectiva Linux 9.0
- Debian Debian Linux 3.0
- Gentoo Linux
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 WS
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 Desktop
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 ES
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 AS
- RedHat Linux 3.0
- SquirrelMail SquirrelMail prior to 1.4.3-RC1
May 10, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this