Orenosv HTTP/FTP Server HTTP GET denial of service
|orenosv-http-get-dos (16250)||Medium Risk|
Orenosv is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted HTTP GET request containing 420 characters to the Orenosv server to cause the server to stop responding or crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Orenosv (0.6.0 or later), available from the Orensov Web page. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Tue May 25 2004 - 22:48:52 CDT: Orenosv HTTP/FTP Server Denial Of Service.
- Orensov Web page: Orenosv HTTP/FTP Server.
- BID-10420: Orenosv HTTP/FTP Server HTTP GET Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-2033: Orenosv 0.5.9f allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a long HTTP GET request.
- OSVDB ID: 6419: Orenosv HTTP/FTP Server GET Request Overflow DoS
- SA11706: Orenosv HTTP/FTP Server GET Request Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Masato Kataoka Orenosv 0.5.9f
May 25, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this