MiniShare GET and HEAD requests denial of service
|minishare-get-head-dos (16260)||Medium Risk|
MiniShare is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted HTTP GET request or a HEAD request with less than two new line characters to the MiniShare server, causing the server to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Wed May 26 2004 - 08:18:48 CDT : DoS in MiniShare 1.3.2.
- BID-10417: MiniShare Server Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-2035: MiniShare 1.3.2 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a malformed HTTP GET or HEAD request without the proper number of trailing CRLF sequences.
- OSVDB ID: 6432: MiniShare HTTP Request DoS
- SA11715: MiniShare HTTP Request Denial of Service Vulnerability
- MiniShare MiniShare 1.3.2
May 26, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this