Gallery user bypass authentication
|gallery-user-bypass-authentication (16301)||High Risk|
Gallery could allow a remote attacker to bypass authentication, caused by an unspecified authentication error. A remote attacker could use this vulnerability to gain access to Gallery.
Upgrade to the latest version of Gallery (1.4.3-pl2 or later), available from the Gallery Web site. See References.
For Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (woody):
Upgrade to the latest Gallery package (1.2.5-8 or later), as listed in DSA-512. See References.
For Gentoo Linux:
Upgrade to the latest version of Gallery(1.4.3_p2 or later), as listed in GLSA 200406-10. See References.
For other distributions:
Contact your vendor for upgrade or patch information.
- Gallery Web site: Gallery :: your photos on your website.
- BID-10451: Gallery Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0522: Gallery 1.4.3 and earlier allows remote attackers to bypass authentication and obtain Gallery administrator privileges.
- DSA-512: gallery -- unauthenticated access
- GLSA-200406-10: Gallery: Privilege escalation vulnerability
- OSVDB ID: 6524: Gallery init.php Authentication Bypass
- SA11752: Gallery User Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- Debian Debian Linux 3.0
- Gallery Gallery 1.2 up to 1.4.3-pl2
- Gentoo Linux
Jun 02, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this