Roundup HTTP GET /home/@@file/ request view file
|roundup-get-view-file (16350)||Medium Risk|
Roundup could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP GET request containing /home/@@file/, a remote attacker could view arbitrary files on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of Roundup (0.7.3 or later), available from the Roundup Download Web page. See References.
For Gentoo Linux:
Upgrade to the latest version of Roundup (0.7.6 or later), as listed in GLSA 200408-09. See References.
For other distributions:
Contact your vendor for upgrade or patch information.
- Roundup Download Web page: Project: Roundup Issue Tracker: File List.
- SourceForge Tracker Detail 961511 : random filesystem access.
- BID-10495: Roundup Remote File Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-1444: Directory traversal vulnerability in Roundup 0.6.4 and earlier allows remote attackers to view arbitrary files via .. (dot dot) sequences in an @@ command in an HTTP GET request.
- GLSA-200408-09: Roundup: Filesystem access vulnerability
- OSVDB ID: 6691: Roundup @@file GET Request Arbitrary File Access
- SA11801: Roundup Web Interface Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1010415: Roundup `@@file` Input Validation Error Discloses Files on the System to Remote Users
- Gentoo Linux
- Roundup Roundup prior to 0.7.3
Jun 08, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this