4D WebSTAR Server V long FTP command buffer overflow
|4dwebstar-long-ftp-bo (16686)||High Risk|
4D WebSTAR Server V is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow in the FTP service. A remote attacker could send a long FTP command to overflow a buffer and possibly execute arbitrary code on the system with WebSTAR user and group id 'wheel' privileges.
Upgrade to the latest version of 4D WebSTAR Server V (5.3.3 or later), available from the WebSTAR FTP site. See References.
- @stake, Inc. Security Advisory 07/13/2004: WebSTAR 5.3.2 Multiple Vulnerabilities .
- Kerio Technologies: WebSTAR Download.
- CVE-2004-0695: Stack-based buffer overflow in the FTP service for 4D WebSTAR 5.3.2 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long FTP command.
- OSVDB ID: 7794: 4D WebSTAR Pre-Authentication FTP Overflow
- 4D 4D WebSTAR V 5.3.2 and prior
Jul 13, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this