Sygate Enforcer broadcast traffic bypass filter
|sygate-enforcer-filter-bypass (16948)||Medium Risk|
Sygate Enforcer could allow an unauthorized remote attacker to bypass filtering and pass broadcast traffic to a vulnerable host.
Upgrade to the latest version of Sygate Enforcer (3.5MR1 or later), available from the Sygate Enterprise Management Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Aug 10 2004 - 11:41:14 CDT: Corsaire Security Advisory - Sygate Enforcer unauthenticated broadcast issue.
- Sygate Enterprise Management Web site: Sygate - Enterprise Security Solutions, Personal Firewall Solutions, Professional Services.
- BID-10908: Sygate Secure Enterprise Enforcer Unauthenticated Broadcast Request Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0593: Sygate Enforcer 3.5MR1 and earlier passes broadcast traffic before authentication, which could allow remote attackers to bypass filtering rules.
- OSVDB ID: 8525: Sygate Enforcer Broadcast Traffic Filter Bypass
- Sygate Enforcer prior to 3.5MR1
Aug 10, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this