vpopmail vsybase.c buffer overflow
|vpopmail-vsybase-bo (17016)||High Risk|
Inter7 vpopmail (vchkpw) is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by a vulnerability in the vsybase.c file. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to overflow a buffer and possibly execute arbitrary code on the system or cause a denial of service.
No remedy available as of March 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Aug 17 2004 - 05:44:52 CDT: vpopmail <= 5.4.2 (sybase vulnerability).
- BID-10962: Inter7 Vpopmail Vsybase.c Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-2239: Buffer overflow in vsybase.c in vpopmail 5.4.2 and earlier might allow attackers to cause a denial of service or execute arbitrary code.
- OSVDB ID: 9146: vpopmail vsybase.c Remote Overflow
- Inter7 vpopmail (vchkpw) 5.4.2 and prior
Aug 17, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this