MailWorks modified cookies could allow administrative access
|mailworks-cookie-admin-access (17217)||Medium Risk|
MailWorks Professional could allow a remote attacker to gain unauthorized administrative access. A remote attacker could modify the values within authentication cookies to gain administrative access to MailWorks Professional.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, available from the MailWorks Professional Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Sep 02 2004 - 16:23:04 CDT : MailWorks Professional - Authentication bypass.
- MailWorks Professional Web site: MailWorks Professional - Newsletter Software to Create and Design Newsletters Directly From You.
- BID-11095: SiteCubed MailWorks Professional Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-1661: MailWorks Professional allows remote attackers to bypass authentication and gain privileges via a cookie that contains auth=1 and uId=1.
- OSVDB ID: 9559: MailWorks Pro Cookie Modification Privilege Escalation
- SA12458: Mailworks User Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- SiteCubed.com MailWorks Professional
Sep 02, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this