Snitz Forums response splitting attack
|snitz-response-splitting (17421)||Medium Risk|
Snitz Forums 2000 is vulnerable to an HTTP response splitting attack. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP POST request, a remote attacker could cause the server to return a split response, which would allow the attacker to perform further attacks, such as Web cache poisoning, cross-site scripting, and possibly obtain sensitive information.
Upgrade to the latest version of Snitz (3.4.05 or later), available from the Snitz Forums 2000 Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Sep 16 2004 - 10:00:23 CDT: ADVISORY: security hole (http response splitting) in snitz forums 2000.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Jan 25 2005 - 10:37:02 CST: Re: ADVISORY: security hole (http response splitting) in snitz forums 2000.
- Snitz Forums 2000 Web site: Snitz Forums 2000.
- BID-11201: Snitz Forums Down.ASP HTTP Response Splitting Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-1687: CRLF injection vulnerability in down.asp for Snitz Forums 2000 3.4.04 allows remote attackers to perform HTTP Response Splitting attacks to modify expected HTML content from the server via the location parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 10070: Snitz Forums 2000 HTTP Response Splitting
- SA12590: Snitz Forums 2000 HTTP Response Splitting Vulnerability
- Snitz Snitz Forums 2000 3.4.04
Sep 16, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this