RealNetworks RealPlayer media file deletion
|realplayer-media-file-deletion (17551)||Medium Risk|
RealPlayer and RealOne Player running on Microsoft Windows could allow a remote attacker to delete arbitrary files from the victim's system. By creating a specially-crafted Web page that contains the path of a known file, a remote attacker could delete this file, once the victim visits the malicious Web page.
Install the appropriate update for your system, as listed in RealNetworks, Inc. Releases Update September 28, 2004. See References.
- CIAC Information Bulletin 0-223: RealNetworks, Inc. Releases Update to Address Security Vulnerabilities.
- NGSSoftware Insight Security Research Advisory #NISR19012005f: RealPlayer Arbitrary File Deletion Vulnerability.
- RealNetworks, Inc. Releases Update September 28, 2004: RealNetworks, Inc. Releases Update to Address Security Vulnerabilities..
- BID-11308: RealNetworks RealOne Player And RealPlayer Remote Arbitrary File Deletion Vulnerability
- BID-11335: RealOne Player and RealPlayer Multiple Unspecified Remote Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2005-0190: Directory traversal vulnerability in RealPlayer 10.5 (220.127.116.110) and earlier allows remote attackers to delete arbitrary files via a Real Metadata Packages (RMP) file with a FILENAME tag containing .. (dot dot) sequences in a filename that ends with a ? (question mark) and an allowed file extension (e.g. .mp3), which bypasses the check for the file extension.
- OSVDB ID: 10419: RealNetworks Multiple Products Malformed Media File Arbitrary File Deletion
- SA12672: RealOne Player / RealPlayer / Helix Player Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Real RealONE Player 1
- Real RealONE Player 2
- Real RealPlayer 10.0
- Real RealPlayer 10.5_build_18.104.22.1686
- Real RealPlayer 10.5_build_22.214.171.1240
Sep 28, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this