Shogo long query buffer overflow
|shogo-long-query-bo (17670)||High Risk|
Shogo is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking of user-supplied input. By sending a secure Gamespy query followed by at least 68 characters, a remote attacker overflow a buffer and possibly execute arbitrary code on the system.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Oct 08 2004 - 14:11:20 CDT : Limited \secure\ buffer-overflow in some old Monolith games.
- Monolith Web site: MONOLITH.
- BID-11354: Monolith Lithtech Game Engine Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-1587: Buffer overflow in Monolith games including (1) Alien versus Predator 2 188.8.131.52 and earlier, (2) Blood 2 2.1 and earlier, (3) No one lives forever 1.004 and earlier and (4) Shogo 2.2 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) via a long secure Gamespy query.
- OSVDB ID: 10635: Monolith Multiple Game \secure\ Gamespy Query Remote Overflow
- SA12776: Monolith Multiple Games Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1011603: Monolith Games Have Buffer Overflow in `/secure/` Command That Lets Remote Users Crash the Game
- Monolith Productions Shogo 2.2 and prior
Oct 08, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this