Danware NetOp HELO obtain information
|danware-helo-obtain-information (18171)||Medium Risk|
Danware NetOp Remote Control could allow a remote attacker to obtain information. A remote attacker could send a HELO request to obtain sensitive system information.
Upgrade to the latest version of Danware NetOp (7.65 build 2004278 or later), available from the Danware Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Nov 19 2004 - 11:45:26 CST: Corsaire Security Advisory - Danware NetOp Host multiple information disclosure issues.
- Danware NetOp Web site: NetOp Remote Control.
- BID-11710: Danware NetOp Remote Control Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-0950: NetOp Host before 7.65 build 2004278 allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive hostname, username and local IP address information via (1) a NetOp HELO request, or (2) when responses are disabled, a custom HELO request.
- OSVDB ID: 11993: Danware NetOp Host HELO Request Remote Information Disclosure
- CrossTec Corp Danware NetOp 7.65 b2004278
Nov 19, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this