Citrix MetaFrame information disclosure
|citrix-metaframe-information-disclosure (18179)||Medium Risk|
Citrix MetaFrame could allow a local attacker to gain sensitive information. If the debugging feature is enabled, which is not the default setting, a local attacker could create a log file of transmitted keyboard scan nodes sent during an ICA connection to gain access to sensitive information.
Upgrade to the latest version of Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server Client (8.1 or later), Citrix Systems, Inc. Document ID: CTX105215. See References
- ANALYSIS: Citrix Keyboard Logger, November 17, 2004: APPSRV.INI.
- Citrix Support Web page: MetaFrame Presentation Server Client Packager - Version 8.x.
- Citrix Systems, Inc. Document ID: CTX105215: MetaFrame Presentation Server Client for Win32 debugging functionality could be misused .
- BID-11720: Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server Client Debugging Utility Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2005-4412: Citrix Program Neighborhood client before 9.150 caches the user password in plaintext in the GUI while asterisks are used to visually obfuscate the password, which allows attackers with access to the session to obtain the password by using a tool to directly access the field.
- OSVDB ID: 22098: Citrix Program Neighborhood Cached Password Disclosure
- SECTRACK ID: 1015372: Citrix Program Neighborhood Client Lets Local Users Obtain Cached Passwords
- Citrix Program Neighborhood Client 9.1
Nov 22, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this