Star Wars Battlefront long nickname buffer overflow
|starwars-nickname-bo (18256)||Low Risk|
Star Wars Battlefront is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a buffer overflow. By sending a nickname containing 100 characters or more to a vulnerable server, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and cause the server to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Nov 24 2004 - 13:15:22 CST : Limited buffer-overflow and arbitrary memory access in Star Wars Battlefront 1.11.
- BID-11750: LucasArts Star Wars Battlefront Game Server Multiple Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2004-1194: Buffer overflow in Star Wars Battlefront 1.11 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) via a long nickname.
- OSVDB ID: 12127: Star Wars Battlefront Nickname DoS
- Pandemic Studios Star Wars Battlefront 1.11 and prior
Nov 24, 2004
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this