Opera data: URI dialog spoofing
|opera-data-dialog-spoofing (18867)||Medium Risk|
Opera is a Web browser, developed by Opera Software, for multiple operating systems. Opera version 7.54u1 running on Microsoft Windows could allow a remote attacker to spoof the content in a dialog box. A remote attacker could create a specially-crafted data: URI to cause a malicious file to appear to be a file that is safe for opening. An attacker can use this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code on the victim's system, once the malicious file is downloaded.
For SUSE Linux:
Refer to SUSE Security Announcement SUSE-SA:2005:031 for more information. See References.
For Gentoo Linux (Opera):
Refer to Gentoo Linux Security Announcement GLSA 2005-02-17 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For other distributions:
Contact your vendor for upgrade or patch information.
- BID-12550: Opera Web Browser Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities
- BID-18867: AuraCMS Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2005-0456: Opera 7.54 and earlier does not properly validate base64 encoded binary data in a data: (RFC 2397) URL, which causes the URL to be obscured in a download dialog, which may allow remote attackers to trick users into executing arbitrary code.
- GLSA-200502-17: Opera: Multiple vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 12867: Opera data: URI Handler Application Spoofing
- SA13818: Opera "data:" URI Handler Spoofing Vulnerability
- SA15488: Opera Dialog Origin Spoofing Vulnerability
- SUSE-SA:2005:031: Opera: various problems
- US-CERT VU#882926: Opera may insecurely execute binary data encoded in a URI
- Gentoo Linux
- Opera Opera Browser 7.54u1
- SUSE SuSE Linux 8.2
- SUSE SuSE Linux 9.0
- SUSE SuSE Linux 9.1
- SUSE SuSE Linux 9.2
- SUSE SuSE Linux 9.3
Jan 12, 2005
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this