ForumKIT "members" parameter cross-site scripting
|forumkit-members-xss (18880)||Medium Risk|
ForumKIT is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input in the 'members' parameter. A remote attacker could embed malicious script in a specially-crafted HTTP request, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site, once the link is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of March 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Jan 13 2005 - 05:17:00 CST : XSS Vulnerability in ForumKIT.
- BID-12256: ForumKIT MEMBERS Parameter Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2005-0381: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in f.aspx in forumKIT 1.0 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the members parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 12920: ForumKIT f.aspx members Parameter XSS
- SECTRACK ID: 1012895: forumKIT Input Validation Hole in `f.aspx` `members` Parameter Lets Remote Users Conduct Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- Target forumKIT 1.0
Jan 13, 2005
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this