Siteman users.php or docreate function allows attacker to gain access
|siteman-gain-access (18998)||High Risk|
Siteman could allow a remote attacker to gain access. A remote attacker can send a specially-crafted HTTP POST request to the users.php script to add a user with administrative privileges or supply the docreate function with a specially-crafted line parameter to create a user account with administrator privileges.
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Jan 20 2005 - 15:56:33 CST : God Admin Injection Vulnerability in Siteman 1.0.x.
- SourceForge.net: SourceForge.net: Project Info - Siteman personal website CMS.
- BID-12304: Siteman User Database Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- BID-12558: Siteman User.PHP Unspecified Security Restriction Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2005-0305: CRLF injection vulnerability in users.php in Siteman 1.1.10 and earlier allows remote attackers to add arbitrary users and gain privileges via the line parameter in a docreate operation.
- OSVDB ID: 13131: Siteman users.php Arbitrary Admin Account Creation
- OSVDB ID: 13811: Siteman users.php Site Owner Registration Security Bypass
- SECTRACK ID: 1012951: Siteman Lets Remote Users Create Administrative Accounts
- Siteman Siteman 1.1.9
Jan 20, 2005
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this