PhotoPost PHP Pro email security bypass
|photopost-email-security-bypass (19676)||High Risk|
PhotoPost PHP Pro is an online photo gallery running on Microsoft Windows and Unix-based operating systems. PhotoPost PHP Pro versions 5.0 RC3 up to 5.0.1 could allow a remote attacker to send an unlimited amount of emails. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL to bypass security and cause an unlimited amount of emails to be sent to the administrator.
Upgrade to the latest version of PhotoPost PHP Pro (5.0.1 or later), available from the PhotoPost PHP Pro Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Mar 11 2005 - 12:29:59 CST : PhotoPost PHP 5.0 RC3, and later, multiple vulnerabilities.
- PhotoPost PHP Pro Web page: PhotoPost PHP Pro Photo Gallery Software for Websites.
- BID-12779: All Enthusiast PhotoPost PHP Pro Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2005-0775: The reportpost action in misc.php for PhotoPost PHP 5.0 RC3 does not limit the logging data that is sent to the administrator, which allows remote attackers to send large amounts of email to the admistrator.
- OSVDB ID: 14680: PhotoPost Pro misc.php Administrator Email Flood DoS
- SA14576: PhotoPost PHP Pro Multiple Vulnerabilities
- PhotoPost PhotoPost PHP Pro 5.0 RC3 up to 5.0.1
Mar 11, 2005
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this