Wine registry file information disclosure
|wine-registry-information-disclosure (19697)||Medium Risk|
Wine creates insecure temporary registry files in the /tmp directory with world-readable permissions. A local attacker could exploit this vulnerability to gain unauthorized access to the registry file to obtain sensitive information, such as the user's passwords.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Mar 14 2005 - 07:57:01 CST: Insecure tmp file creation in Wine.
- Wine Web site: Wine HQ.
- BID-12791: Wine Local Insecure File Creation Vulnerability
- CVE-2005-0787: Wine 20050211 and earlier creates temp files with world readable permissions and predictable file names, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information, such as passwords.
- OSVDB ID: 14828: WINE Temporary File Registry Disclosure
- SECTRACK ID: 1013428: Wine Unsafe Temporary Files Disclose Registry Contents to Local Users
- Wine Wine 20050211 and prior
Mar 14, 2005
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this