Ciamos class/debug/highlight.php file parameter information disclosure
|ciamos-file-information-disclosure (19754)||Medium Risk|
Ciamos could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input in the file parameter in the class/debug/highlight.php script prior to showing the PHP files. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to obtain sensitive information.
Note: It is reported that exoops version 1.05 Rev3 is also vulnerable to this vulnerability.
Upgrade to the latest version of Ciamos (0.9.3a or later), available from the Ciamos Web site. See References.
- Ciamos Web page: Ciamos Wakka Wiki Homepage.
- exoops Web page: exoops.
- IHS Iran Hackers Sabotage Public advisory : E-Xoops: Content Management for the Masses.
- BID-12848: RunCMS Database Configuration Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- BID-12854: Ciamos Highlight.PHP File Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2005-0828: highlight.php in (1) RUNCMS 1.1A, (2) CIAMOS 0.9.2 RC1, (3) e-Xoops 1.05 Rev3, and possibly other products based on e-Xoops (exoops), allows remote attackers to read arbitrary PHP files by specifying the pathname in the file parameter, as demonstrated by reading database configuration information from mainfile.php.
- OSVDB ID: 14890: E-Xoops highlight.php Information Disclosure
- SA14641: ciamos "file" Exposure of Sensitive Information
- SA14648: exoops "file" Exposure of Sensitive Information
- SECTRACK ID: 1013485: exoops Discloses Installation Path and Database Password to Remote Users
- Ciamos CMS Ciamos CMS 0.9.2 RC1
- E-Xoops E-Xoops 1.05 Rev3
Mar 21, 2005
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this