MailEnable EHLO denial of service
|mailenable-ehlo-dos (19973)||Medium Risk|
MailEnable is vulnerable to a denial of service attack, caused by a vulnerability in the smtpd service. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted EHLO request to cause the system to crash.
Denial of Service
Apply the hotfix for this vulnerability, available from the MailEnable Hotfix Download Web page. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Apr 05 2005 - 15:29:26 CDT : MailEnable Smtpd remote Dos [x0n3-h4ck].
- MailEnable Hotfix Download Web page: MailEnable - Hotfix Download Page.
- BID-12994: MailEnable SMTP Malformed EHLO Request Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2005-1013: The SMTP service in MailEnable Enterprise 1.04 and earlier and Professional 1.54 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (server crash) via an EHLO command with a Unicode string.
- OSVDB ID: 15232: MailEnable SMTP Malformed EHLO Request DoS
- SA14812: MailEnable IMAP Buffer Overflow and SMTP Denial of Service
- SECTRACK ID: 1013637: MailEnable Unspecified Bugs in IMAP and SMTP Services Let Remote Users Deny Service
- MailEnable MailEnable 1.04 and prior Enterprise
- MailEnable MailEnable 1.54 and prior Professional
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Web
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Standard
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Server
Apr 05, 2005
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this