AWStats eval() execute commands
|awstats-eval-execute-commands (21769)||High Risk|
AWStats could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary commands, caused by an error in the eval() statement and eval() function. If the URLPlugin is enabled, a remote attacker could send specially-crafted referrer values to the stats page to execute arbitrary commands on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of AWStats (6.4 or later), as available from the AWStats Download page. See References.
For Gentoo Linux:
Upgrade to the latest version of AWStats (6.5 or later), as listed in Gentoo Linux Security Announcement GLSA 200508-07. See References.
For Debian GNU/Linux:
Refer to DSA-892-1 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For Ubuntu Linux:
Refer to USN-167-1 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For other distributions:
Contact your vendor for upgrade or patch information.
- AWStats Download page: AWStats free log analyzer for advanced statistics (GNU GPL).
- AWStats Web site: AWStats free log analyzer for advanced statistics (GNU GPL).
- iDEFENSE Security Advisory 08.09.05: AWStats ShowInfoURL Remote Command Execution Vulnerability.
- BID-14525: AWStats Referrer Arbitrary Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2005-0436: Direct code injection vulnerability in awstats.pl in AWStats 6.3 and 6.4 allows remote attackers to execute portions of Perl code via the PluginMode parameter.
- CVE-2005-1527: Eval injection vulnerability in awstats.pl in AWStats 6.4 and earlier, when a URLPlugin is enabled, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary Perl code via the HTTP Referrer, which is used in a $url parameter that is inserted into an eval function call.
- DSA-892: awstats -- missing input sanitising
- GLSA-200508-07: AWStats: Arbitrary code execution using malicious Referrer information
- OSVDB ID: 13832: AWStats awstats.pl PluginMode Parameter Arbitrary Command Execution
- OSVDB ID: 18696: AWStats ShowInfoURL Arbitrary Perl Code Execution
- SA14299: AWStats Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1014636: AWStats Input Validation Flaw in `Referer` Field Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Commands
- SUSE-SR:2005:019: SUSE Security Summary Report
- USN-167-1: AWStats vulnerability
- AWStats AWStats 6.3
- Canonical Ubuntu 5.04
- Debian Debian Linux 3.1
- Gentoo Linux
Aug 09, 2005
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this