Gallery PostNuke user.php global $name variable security bypass
|gallery-Postnuke-security-bypass (21771)||High Risk|
Gallery could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions caused by improper use of the global $name variable in determining the gallery name in the classes/postnuke0.7.1/User.php script. A remote attacker, with PostNuke administrative privileges, could exploit this vulnerability to bypass security restrictions and gain unauthorized access to other user's albums.
Upgrade to the latest version of Gallery (1.5.1-RC2 or later), available from the Gallery Project Page Web site. See References.
- Gallery Project Page Web site: Welcome to the Gallery Project Page.
- Gallery Web site: Gallery Forum Index.
- BID-14547: Gallery PostNuke Integration Access Validation Vulnerability
- CVE-2005-2596: User.php in Gallery, as used in Postnuke, allows users with any Admin privileges to gain access to all galleries.
- DSA-879: gallery -- programming error
- OSVDB ID: 18684: Gallery with PostNuke Integration Access Validation Privilege Escalation
- SA16389: Gallery PostNuke Integration Security Issue
- Debian Debian Linux 3.1
- Gallery Gallery prior to 1.5.1 RC2
Aug 11, 2005
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this