ATutor login and search.php scripts cross-site scripting
|atutor-login-search-xss (21910)||Medium Risk|
ATutor is vulnerable to cross-site scripting in the login.php and search.php scripts. A remote attacker could create a specially-crafted URL to the login.php and search.php scripts containing embedded script which, once the link is clicked, would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of ATutor (1.5.5 or later), available from the ATutor Web site. See References.
- ATutor Web site: ATutor Learning Content Management System.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 06:07:29 CDT: ATutor 1.5.1 and prior multiple XSS Vulnerabilities.
- BID-14598: ATutor Login.PHP Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2005-2649: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in ATutor 1.5.1 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via (1) course parameter in login.php or (2) words parameter in search.php.
- OSVDB ID: 18842: ATutor login.php course Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 18843: ATutor search.php words Parameter XSS
- SA16496: ATutor Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- ATutor ATutor 1.5.1 and prior
Aug 18, 2005
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this