BFCommand & Control Software bypass authentication
|bfcommand-bypass-authentication (22055)||High Risk|
BFCommand & Control Software could allow a remote attacker to bypass the login. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability by using an unknown method or by using a NULL byte in the username field to gain "Super Admin" privileges on the server manager.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BFCommand & Control Server Manager Web site: BFCommand and Control Software for BF1942 and BFV (BattleField 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam).
- Full-Disclosure List: Mon Aug 29 2005 - 13:28:20 CDT: Multiple vulnerabilities in BFCommand & Control for Battlefield 1942 and Vietnam.
- BID-14690: BFCommand & Control Server Manager Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2005-2789: BFCommand & Control Server Manager BFCC 1.22_A and earlier, and BFVCC 2.14_B and earlier, allows remote attackers to bypass authentication via (1) an unknown attack vector or (2) a NULL (0x00) as a username.
- OSVDB ID: 19073: BFCommand & Control Server Authentication Bypass
- SA16629: BFCommand & Control Server Manager Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Brandon Davids and Harrison Wiener BFCommand & Control Server Mgr (BFCC) 1.22_A and prior
- Brandon Davids and Harrison Wiener BFCommand&Control Vietnam Svr Mgr(BFVCC) 2.14_B and prior
Aug 29, 2005
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this