Panda Antivirus library ZOO file buffer overflow
|panda-antivirus-zoo-bo (23276)||High Risk|
Multiple Panda Software Antivirus products, and possibly other Antivirus vendors that use the Panda Antivirus library, are vulnerable to a heap-based buffer overflow during the decompression of ZOO archive files. By sending a malicious ZOO archive file to a system running a vulnerable Antivirus product, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with the privileges of the affected product. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to gain complete control of an affected system.
Panda Software has issued a fix on 2005-12-02 which is available to all registered users, contact Panda Software for more information.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Tue Nov 29 2005 - 10:01:42 CST: Panda Remote Heap Overflow.
- Panda Software Web site: Panda Software. Protection against viruses, spyware, spam and other Internet threats.
- BID-15616: Panda Software Antivirus Library ZOO Archive Heap Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2005-3922: Heap-based buffer overflow in pskcmp.dll in Panda Software Antivirus library allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted ZOO archive.
- OSVDB ID: 21256: Panda Anti-Virus ZOO Archive Decompression Overflow
- SA17765: Panda Antivirus ZOO Archive Decompression Buffer Overflow
- SECTRACK ID: 1015295: Panda Antivirus Heap Overflow in Processing ZOO Archives May Let Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- VUPEN/ADV-2005-2666: Panda Software Antivirus ZOO Archive Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Panda Software Panda Antivirus
Nov 29, 2005
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this