HydroBB multiple PHP scripts allow cross-site scripting
|hydrobb-multiple-xss (23299)||Medium Risk|
HydroBB is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could create a specially-crafted URL request to the search.php, members.php, stats.php, viewforum.php, register.php, usercp.php, groups.php, pms.php and calendar.php scripts containing embedded code in the 's' parameter which, once the link is clicked, would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of June 1, 2013.
- HydroBB: HydroBB.com - Welcome.
- Unsecured Systems Web site: XSS in HydroBB.
- CVE-2005-4642: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in HydroBB 1.0.0 Beta 2 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the s parameter to (1) search.php, (2) members.php, (3) stats.php, (4) viewforum.php, (5) register.php, (6) usercp.php, (7) groups.php, (8) pms.php, and (9) calendar.php.
- OSVDB ID: 21293: HydroBB search.php s Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 21294: HydroBB members.php s Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 21295: HydroBB stats.php s Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 21296: HydroBB viewforum.php s Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 21297: HydroBB register.php s Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 21298: HydroBB usercp.php s Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 21299: HydroBB groups.php s Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 21300: HydroBB pms.php s Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 21301: HydroBB calendar.php s Parameter XSS
- VUPEN/ADV-2005-2562: HydroBB s Parameter Handling Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- HydroBB HydroBB 1.0.0 Beta 2
Nov 23, 2005
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this