Gallery image tags allow cross-site scripting
|gallery-img-tag-xss (23341)||Medium Risk|
Gallery is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by a vulnerability in the Add Image From Web feature. A remote attacker could create a Web page containing malicious embedded script within img tags, which, once the victim loads the image from the page, would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site.
Upgrade to the latest version of Gallery (2.0.2 or later), available from the Gallery Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Nov 30 2005 - 03:02:33 CST: Gallery 2.x Security Advisory.
- Gallery Download Web site: Gallery 2.0.2 Security Fix Release | Gallery.
- Gallery Web site: Gallery - Your Photos on Your Website.
- BID-15614: Gallery Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 21221: Gallery Add Image From Web XSS
- SA17747: Gallery Cross-Site Scripting and Disclosure of Sensitive Information
- VUPEN/ADV-2005-2681: Gallery Directory Traversal and Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Gallery Gallery 2.0
- Gallery Gallery 2.0 Beta 2
- Gallery Gallery 2.0 Alpha 1
- Gallery Gallery 2.0 RC 2
- Gallery Gallery 2.0 RC 1
- Gallery Gallery 2.0 Beta 3
- Gallery Gallery 2.0 Beta 1
- Gallery Gallery 2.0 Alpha 4
- Gallery Gallery 2.0 Alpha 3
- Gallery Gallery 2.0 Alpha 2
- Gallery Gallery 2.0.1
- Gallery Gallery CVS prior 2005-11-26
Nov 30, 2005
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this