Opera bookmark title denial of service
|opera-bookmark-title-dos (23549)||Medium Risk|
Opera is vulnerable to a denial of service. A remote attacker could create a Web page with a large title that when bookmarked by a victim would cause the browser to crash once the browser is restarted after bookmarking the malicious site.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Opera (8.51 or later), available from the Opera Download page. See References.
- BID-15813: Opera Web Browser Long Title Element Bookmark Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2005-4210: Opera before 8.51, when running on Windows with Input Method Editor (IME) installed, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (persistent application crash) by bookmarking a site with a long title.
- OSVDB ID: 21641: Opera Bookmarked Page Title Overflow DoS
- SA17963: Opera Bookmark Large Title Denial of Service Weakness
- VUPEN/ADV-2005-2846: Opera Bookmark Title Handling Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Opera Opera Browser prior to 8.51
Dec 12, 2005
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this