TinyPHPForum users directory information disclosure
|tinyphpforum-users-information-disclosure (24016)||Medium Risk|
TinyPHPForum could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. The users directory is stored inside the Web root directory by default. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to obtain sensitive information, such as the encrypted usernames and passwords of registered users.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- eVuln Advisory EV0014: TinyPHPForum Multiple Vulnerabilities. (Original advisory.)
- TinyPHPForum Web site: About TPF.
- CVE-2006-0103: TinyPHPForum 3.6 and earlier stores the (1) users/[USERNAME].hash and (2) users/[USERNAME].email files under the web root with insufficient access control, which allows remote attackers to list all registered users and possibly obtain other sensitive information.
- OSVDB ID: 22257: TinyPHPForum /users/ Directory User Information Disclosure
- OSVDB ID: 24959: TinyPHPForum profile.php uname Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 24960: TinyPHPForum Login Field Error Page XSS
- SA18293: TinyPHPForum Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1015436: TinyPHPForum Bugs Let Remote Users Obtain Information and Conduct Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- TinyPHPForum TinyPHPForum 3.6
Jan 05, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.