Web Wiz Forums search_form.asp cross-site scripting
|webwizforums-searchform-xss (24048)||Medium Risk|
Web Wiz Forums is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the search_forum.asp script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using search parameters to execute script in a victim?s Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim?s cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the current version of WebWiz products (version 7.01 or later) available from the Web Wiz Forums Web site. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Mon Jan 09 2006 - 21:39:42 CST : Advisory:XSS vulnerability on WebWiz Forums <= 6.34 (search_form.asp).
- Web Wiz Forums Web site: Web Wiz Forums - Free ASP Bulletin Board Forum Software.
- BID-16196: WebWiz Forums Search_form.ASP Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-0175: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in search_form.asp in Web Wiz Forums 6.34 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the search parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 22398: Web Wiz Forums search_form.asp search Parameter XSS
- Bruce Corkhill Web Wiz Forums 6.34
Jan 08, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.