MegaBBS send-private-message.asp message disclosure
|megabbs-sendprivatemessage-disclosure (24050)||Low Risk|
MegaBBS could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the send-private-message.asp script to view other user's private messages.
Refer to MegaBBS General Discussion Forum, 2006-01-07 11:19 AM (#35032 - in reply to #22947) for patch and upgrade information. See References.
- Hamid Network Security Team Advisory: MegaBBS ASP Forum Software Vulnerabilities.
- MegaBBS General Discussion Forum, 2006-01-07 11:19 AM (#35032 - in reply to #22947) : RE: MegaBBS 2.1 updates.
- BID-16168: PD9 Software MegaBBS Private Message Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2004-2653: Unspecified vulnerability in PD9 Software MegaBBS 2.0 and 2.1 allows attackers to gain privileges via unknown vectors involving (1) admin/userlevelmembers-edit.asp and (2) admin/edit-groups.asp.
- CVE-2006-0139: The send-private-message functionality (send-private-message.asp) in PD9 Software MegaBBS 2.1 allows remote attackers to read private messages of other users via a modified replyid parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 22283: MegaBBS send-private-message.asp replyid Variable Arbitrary Private Message Disclosure
- OSVDB ID: 22284: MegaBBS admin/userlevelmembers-edit.asp Unspecified Privilege Elevation
- OSVDB ID: 22285: MegaBBS admin/edit-groups.asp Unspecified Privilege Elevation
- SA18342: MegaBBS "replyid" Disclosure of Private Messages
- SECTRACK ID: 1015452: MegaBBS Discloses Private Messages to Other Users
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- PD9 Software MegaBBS 2.1 and prior
Jan 09, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.