Hummingbird Enterprise - Collaboration modified file name downloading
|hummingbird-enterprise-file-download (24068)||Medium Risk|
Hummingbird Enterprise - Collaboration fails to properly handle uploaded files. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability by creating a specially-crafted URL, which could be used to force a victim to download an attacker-supplied malicious file with the name of a previously uploaded legitimate file.
Upgrade to the latest version of Hummingbird Enterprise - Collaboration (5.2.1 or later). Contact Hummingbird Ltd. for information on obtaining an upgrade. See References.
- Hummingbird Web site: Integrated Collaboration Workspace.
- Hummingbird Web site: Enterprise Content Management Downloads.
- Secure Network - Security Research Advisory SN-2006-01: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Hummingbird Collaboration.
- BID-16195: Hummingbird Enterprise Collaboration Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-0173: Hummingbird Collaboration (aka Hummingbird Enterprise Collaboration) 5.21 and earlier allows remote attackers to misrepresent the type and name of a file via modified doc_ext and id parameters, which might trick a user into downloading dangerous or unexpected content.
- OSVDB ID: 22328: Hummingbird Collaboration Crafted URL File Property Obscuration Download
- SA18411: Hummingbird Collaboration Script Insertion and Information Disclosure
- Hummingbird Enterprise Collaboration 5.2
- Hummingbird Enterprise Collaboration 5.21
Jan 10, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.