Worldcircle index.php cross-site scripting
|wordcircle-index-xss (24106)||Medium Risk|
Wordcircle is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the index.php script. A remote authenticated attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the course name parameter to execute script in a victim?s Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim?s cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- eVuln Advisory EV0028 : Wordcircle Multiple SQL Injection & XSS Vulnerabilities.
- Wordcircle Web site: Wordcircle course management for teachers and students.
- BID-16227: Wordcircle Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-0204: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Wordcircle 2.17 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via (1) the Course name field in index.php when the frm parameter has the value mine and (2) possibly certain other fields in unspecified scripts.
- OSVDB ID: 22359: wordcircle index.php Course Name Field XSS
- SA18440: wordcircle Script Insertion and SQL Injection Vulnerabilities
- Wordcircle Wordcircle 2.17
Jan 12, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.