Wordcircle v_login.php SQL injection security bypass
|wordcircle-login-security-bypass (24108)||Medium Risk|
Wordcircle is vulnerable to SQL injection in the v_login.php script, which could be used to gain unauthorized administrative access to the application. If the magic_quotes_gpc setting is disabled, a remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the v_login.php script using the password field, which could allow the attacker to add, modify, or delete information in the back-end database.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- eVuln Advisory EV0027: Wordcircle Authentication Bypass.
- Wordcircle Web site: Wordcircle course management for teachers and students.
- BID-16227: Wordcircle Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-0205: Multiple SQL injection vulnerabilities in Wordcircle 2.17 allow remote attackers to (1) execute arbitrary SQL commands and bypass authentication via the password field in the login action to index.php (involving v_login.php and s_user.php) and (2) have other unknown impact via certain other fields in unspecified scripts.
- OSVDB ID: 22358: wordcircle Login password Field SQL Injection
- SA18440: wordcircle Script Insertion and SQL Injection Vulnerabilities
- Wordcircle Wordcircle 2.17
Jan 12, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.