MPN HP-180W VoIP phone undocumented default port access
|mpn-hp180w-default-port (24147)||Medium Risk|
MPN HP-180W could allow a remote attacker to gain unauthorized access to the device using an undocumented open port (UDP port 9090). An attacker could connect to this port to obtain the device MAC address and software version, which could be used to launch further attacks against the affected device.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Mon Jan 16 2006 - 16:11:56 CST: MPM HP-180W VoIP wireless desktop phone undocumented port UDP/9090.
- MPN Web site: SIP HP-180W.
- BID-16285: MPM HP-180W VOIP WIFI Phone Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-0360: MPM SIP HP-180W Wireless IP Phone WE.00.17 allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information and possibly cause a denial of service via a direct connection to UDP port 9090, which is undocumented and does not require authentication.
- OSVDB ID: 22517: MPN HP-180W Wireless IP Phone UDP Port 9090 Information Disclosure
- SA18512: MPN HP-180W Wireless IP Phone Information Disclosure
- MPN MPN HP-180W WE.00.17
Jan 16, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this