Helmsman HomeFTP long command denial of service
|homeftp-long-command-dos (24152)||Medium Risk|
Helmsman HomeFTP is vulnerable to a denial of service attack, caused by a buffer overflow. By sending an overly long command, a remote authenticated attacker could overflow a buffer and cause the FTP server to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Jan 14 2006 - 09:45:45 CST: [KAPDA::#21] - HomeFtp v1.1 Denial of Service.
- KAPDA Advisory 14 Jan 2006: HomeFtp v1.1 Denial of Service.
- BID-16238: Helmsman HomeFtp Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-0355: Helmsman Research (aka CoolUtils) HomeFtp 1.1 allows remote attackers to cause an unspecified denial of service via a long USER command combined with a long PASS command and an NLST command.
- OSVDB ID: 22686: CoolUtils HomeFtp Malformed NLST Command Remote DoS
- Helmsman HomeFTP 1.1
Jan 14, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this